Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Your new favorite app!
- step-by-step directions
For the Sauce:
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (cold, cut into cubes)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
For the Meatballs:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 yellow onion (peeled, grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled, minced)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan (finely ground)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup celery leaves (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- For the Sauce: In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, add tomato juice, bring to a simmer and reduce for about, 40 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce and Worcestershire, then whisk the Blue cheese and butter until completely melted. Reduce to a simmer.
- For the Meatballs: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saute pan over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil followed by the onions and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove to a small plate to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, Worcestershire, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, egg and Parmesan. Season well with salt and pepper, then mix in the cooled onions and garlic. Scoop into 1-inch sized meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet then set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil. Sear the meatballs until golden brown on all sides, then place them in the preheated oven to finish cooking, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and place in a large bowl. Pour sauce over meatballs and toss to combine.
- To serve, remove meatballs to a platter and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and celery leaves.
- Tip: Not a blue cheese fan? Mix ranch seasoning into the meatballs and serve with a ranch dipping sauce.
Cobb Salad Baked Potato
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Baked Orzo with Turkey Meatballs
Jamaican Curry Patties
Sweet Potato, Corn and Wild Rice Enchiladas
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
No-Bake Cheesecake Bites Two Ways
Georgian Cheese Bread
Hardy's Hearty Lasagna
Pork and Shaved Brussels Sprouts Skillet