Leprechaun Cheese Ball
The perfect addition to any St. Patrick's Day party!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup scallions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons mint (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cherry tomato (halved)
- 1 black olive (pitted)
- 2 asparagus stalks (tips cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 almond (skin-on)
- 1 red radish (top removed, cut into a wedge)
- 1/2 cup yellow cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 carrot (peeled and shaved)
- crackers (to serve)
- pretzels (to serve)
- For the Cheese Ball: In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, scallions, mint, and parsley and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To Assemble: Shape cheese mixture into a ball, leaving a small scoop of the mixture in the bowl.
- Cut the top of the bell pepper off and scoop the seeds out. Cut the stem off of the top of the bell pepper and place the now stem-less top, on top of the cheese ball, creating the brim of the hat. Flip the bottom of the bell pepper upside down and place it on top of the brim.
- Place the halved tomato in the middle of the hat. Use the small scoop of cheese to adhere the tomato to the bell pepper.
- Cut the black olive in half and place them cut side out on the cheese ball to serve as the leprechaun's eyes. Use the two asparagus tips as eyebrows above the olives. Place the almond underneath the eyes to serve as the leprechaun's nose. Place the radish wedge on the cheese ball, underneath the almond, to serve as the leprechaun's mouth.
- Take the yellow shredded cheese and stick some on to the bottom and sides surrounding the face of the leprechaun, creating the beard and the hair. Place the shaved carrot on top of the cheese beard. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with crackers and pretzels.
- Tip: Make the cheese ball ahead of time and decorate when ready to eat for a no-stress St. Paddy's Day Party!
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad