Lobster & Corn Salad
Cheech Marin's Lobster & Corn Salad is so delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup onion (peeled, sliced)
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 pound lobster
- 2 tablespoons shallots (peeled, minced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus 1/2 tsp)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears, cut off the cob)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves (to serve)
- black pepper (to taste)
- For the Steaming of the Lobster: In a large pot add a steamer rack. To the large pot add the white wine, water, onion, peppercorns and tarragon and bring to a boil. Add the lobster, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until bright red and cooked through. Remove from the pot and allow to cool. Twist and pull to remove the tail. Break the shell of the tail in half then pull out the meat. Using scissors cut open the claw and remove meat. Roughly chop the meat and set aside.
- For the Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl add the shallots, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine. While whisking, slowly stream in the olive oil and whisk to combine.
- For the Corn Salad: In a large bowl add the corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, oregano, parsley and lobster. Drizzle the dressing around the rim of the bowl and toss to combine. Season with black pepper to taste. Serve in bibb lettuce cups.
- Tip: Make the vinaigrette in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal