Chew fan Noreen Palinkas puts a twist on your classic burger!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces feta (crumbled)
- 4 Italian buns (toasted)
- 4 slices provolone (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a grill or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is just starting to wilt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg, red pepper flakes, cooled spinach mixture, and crumbled feta. Just barely mix to combine. Form into four even patties. Place on grill and cook until charred on both sides and cooked through to 165ºF, about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve patties on an Italian bun and top the burger patty with a slice of provolone cheese if desired.
- Tip: Form the patties in advance and keep in the refrigerator until ready to grill. When you are ready to grill, allow the burgers to come to room temperature before cooking.
Similar categories: Burgers
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Autumn Pinata Cake
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream
Apple Cider Donut Bread Pudding
Bella Notte Spaghetti