Chew fan Noreen Palinkas' Spanakopita Quiche is a new favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces feta (cut into cubes)
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and once hot, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Once cooked through, add spinach and saute for about 30 seconds until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mascarpone, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in feta along with cooked chicken and spinach.
- Place pie crust into 7x11-inch baking dish and pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Tip: Be sure to cool each ingredient that is sauteed before adding to the egg mixture. If the egg curdles just strain through a fine mesh sieve.
Similar categories: Quiches
rate this recipe
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers