Chew fan Noreen Palinkas' Spanakopita Quiche is a new favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces feta (cut into cubes)
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and once hot, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Once cooked through, add spinach and saute for about 30 seconds until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mascarpone, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in feta along with cooked chicken and spinach.
- Place pie crust into 7x11-inch baking dish and pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Tip: Be sure to cool each ingredient that is sauteed before adding to the egg mixture. If the egg curdles just strain through a fine mesh sieve.
Similar categories: Quiches
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella